Due to the ongoing popularity of Hazel’s ‘Writing a Non Boring Family History’ workshops and talks at the Victorian Archives Centre, there have been requests for longer mentoring. With over 200 books published and a teaching career spanning 40 years, Hazel has advice to share with writers wanting to see their book published.
This year-long master class will appeal to procrastinators and those involved with a non-fiction book length project who wish to finish their manuscripts within the year.
Subjects can include memoir, autobiography, ‘How To’ books and family histories. A copy of Hazel’s latest book, ‘Not Just A Piece of Cake: Being An Author’ will be given to each master class participant. Past participants include many published authors in multiple genres. Current students may start with a partly completed project. Participants will be required to present a draft chapter each session.
The 2017 Hazelnuts Master Class will be:
- Limited to 24 participants.
- Include 3-hour monthly sessions on the first Friday of each month throughout 2017, 10am to 1pm on the following dates:
3rd of February,
3rd of March,
7th of April,
5th of May,
2nd of June,
7th of July,
4th of August,
1st of September,
6th of October,
3rd of November,
1st of December.
- Hazel invoiced fee to be paid in full at first class. $600 plus GST ($660) for the year i.e. $50 (plus GST) per monthly 12 X 3 hour session per individual.
No refunds if student drops out.
Topics to be covered:
- Pitching proposal
- Title importance & Non Boring elements
- Possible structures and narration perspectives
- Anecdultery & Story Shaping
- Formats (story telling formats)
- Research skills including interviewing
- Value of work-shopping chapters
- Query letters
- Publishing processes and options
Check www.hazeledwards.com for other resources.
To register for this course please contact Tara Oldfield, preferably via email: firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively on 9348 5704.
Once we have reached 24 attendees we will update this webpage as “booked out” so get in quick!