The Victorian Archives Centre Gallery is seeking images from contemporary street photographers for a new exhibition: ‘Of Kin and Kind’. They will be displayed alongside prints of Victorian historical archival images.
The theme hopes to capture images of groups and communities of Victoria. We welcome creative and thoughtful interpretations of the theme; communities come in all shapes and sizes. See our Flickr sample album for inspiration from our collection.
- Complete the Submission Form (This is a PDF form, open with Acrobat Reader) and email it to email@example.com with your name and ‘VAC Gallery’ in the subject line. This form must be completed for your image to be considered.
- Up to 3 images can be submitted.
- The photo should pay homage to the theme (open to interpretation).
- Submit only un-manipulated work that remains true to the original image. This honours the tradition of archival and street photography.
- The works must be published (at low res) online (for instance on Flickr, Facebook or your own website) for selection and the url link included in the submission form.
- The original image must be 300 dpi and able to be printed at a size to fit A1 (8MB+). You do not have to send us original images yet, for submissions simply provide the URL links. We will ask for your high-resolution files if you are selected to exhibit.
- Submissions due by 5pm on the 30th of January 2017.
- The exhibited submissions will receive their printed copy back at A1 size.
The VAC Gallery is in the lobby of the Victorian Archives Centre at 99 Shiel Street, North Melbourne. Open Monday-Friday and the first and last Saturday each month. The exhibition will be open March 1st to June 30th 2017.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org subject line ‘VAC Gallery’.