PROV, in line with the continuous improvement framework, is committed to the ongoing review of its recordkeeping standards to ensure that standards products are up-to-date and remain relevant and implementable for agencies.
This financial year we are reviewing:
- PROS 99/007 Management of Electronic Records Standard (http://prov.vic.gov.au/government/vers/implementing-vers/standard-2)
- PROS 11/01 Storage Standard (http://prov.vic.gov.au/government/standards-and-policy/storage)
If you are interested in participating in either of these reviews please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
The Standards and Policy team has completed a review of the Strategic Management Standard suite of documents (http://prov.vic.gov.au/government/standards-and-policy/strategic-management).
The results of the review are as follows:
- Feedback indicated that no significant or substantial changes to the existing documents were needed at this time
- As many agencies are in the process of implementing the standard, there was no desire to change the documents
- Information and tools to assist with the implementation of PROV standards was needed, especially with regard to implementing them in small agencies or by staff with limited professional recordkeeping competencies
Consultation for the review included a survey, email and other opportunities for stakeholders to provide online feedback. Consultation was focused around stakeholder experiences with the standards documents.
As a result of this review, we have begun a project to address the scalability of PROV standards.