We have shrunk the revised VERS Standard and Specifications to be less than 40 pages, and we are now asking for comments on the draft.
The focus of the revision is to:
- Make the Standard simpler (and hence easier to understand and cheaper and easier to construct VERS objects)
- Making the Standard more suitable for storing long term information within agencies
- While retaining the long term preservation principles of the original VERS Standard
The draft can be found at http://prov.vic.gov.au/government/recordkeeping-standards-project/vers-standard-renewal.
We are specifically interested in comments about
- The detail of the proposed and Standard and associated Specifications
- Any places where the text is unclear or could be better expressed
- Any implementation issues that could occur
Please send all comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. This consultation phase will conclude on 31 May 2014.