We are redesigning our catalogue. To take a sneak peek click on the slider to the right, search and order your records and send us some feedback. You can also order records as normal via this site below. You may need to perform a search again if switching between old and Beta versions of the site.
Author: Government recordkeeping
About the new RDA
PROV has released a new Retention and Disposal Authority (RDA) to authorise the disposal of records created and held by Victorian public hospitals and health services which are subject to the Public Records Act 1973.
The new RDA, PROS 17/04 Retention and Disposal Authority for Records of Hospital Administrative Functions, covers administrative functions unique to hospitals and health services that support the provision of clinical services to patients. Its functions include:
- safety and quality accreditation
- incident reporting and investigation
- pharmaceutical supply and administration
- blood, organ and tissue supply and management
- staff handover communication
- food service administration
- health service equipment and supplies management
- morgue and mortuary management
- clinical services program administration
- patient movement and attendance reporting
Development of the RDA
The RDA was developed by the Department of Health and Human Services in consultation with PROV and stakeholders including representatives from all 89 of Victoria’s public hospitals and health services. PROV thanks all for their advice and feedback.
Scope of the RDA
This RDA will complement existing RDAs, in particular PROS 11/06 Retention and Disposal Authority for Patient Information Records RDA and the PROS 07/01 General Retention and Disposal Authority for Common Administrative Functions which continue to apply to hospitals and health services.