Author: Government recordkeeping
About this Guideline
A new guideline to assist with implementation of the Operational Management Standard (PROS 19/04) is now available.
This guideline provides advice on applying the following areas:
System planning and procurement
- Identifying and addressing recordkeeping and system functionality requirements
- Reviewing systems to ensure recordkeeping requirements are being met
- Routine system maintenance and system transition
- Designing requirements into processes
Training and awareness
- Programs and how to measure effectiveness
- Contracting a provider to deliver a service or product TO the public office
- Contracting a provider to deliver a service or product ON BEHALF of the public office
- Examples of recordkeeping clauses for contracts and agreements
To view this guideline and other Standards products, visit the Standards Framework page.
Material in the Public Record Office Victoria archival collection contains words and descriptions that reflect attitudes and government policies at different times which may be insensitive and upsetting
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples should be aware the collection and website may contain images, voices and names of deceased persons.
PROV provides advice to researchers wishing to access, publish or re-use records about Aboriginal Peoples