About the awards
Established in 1998, the Victorian Community History Awards (VCHA) are held annually to recognise the contributions made by Victorians in the preservation of the state’s fascinating history, published during the previous year.
Presented by Public Record Office Victoria in partnership with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria, the awards celebrate the people involved in community history projects who are dedicated to telling local stories which help all Victorians to better understand their past.
- Victorian Premier's History Award
- Collaborative Community History Project
- Local History Project
- History Publication
- Local History - Small Publication
- Cultural Diversity Project
- Multimedia History Project
- Historical Interpretation
- History Article (Peer-Reviewed)
- Oral History
The 2018 Awards were presented in October as part of History Week. View photographs of all the winners below.