Author: Public Record Office Victoria
Researchers, when planning visits to the archives close archives Definition Records considered to have continuing or permanent value that have been, or will be, transferred to the custody of an archival organisation; also used to refer to the buildings in which archival records are stored and to organisation that have responsibility for archival records. over summer please be aware of the following closures:
Victorian Archives Centre
- Early closure 12pm Friday 14 December
- Closed over the holidays from 4.30pm Friday 21 December to 10am Wednesday 2 January
- Closed Saturday 26 January (replacement Saturday opening will be Saturday 19 January 2019)
Ballarat Archives Centre
- Closed over the holidays from 4.30pm Tuesday 18 December to 10am Monday 7 January
Bendigo Regional Archives Centre
- Closed over the holidays from 4.30pm Friday 21 December to 10am Wednesday 6 February
Geelong Library and Heritage Centre
- Closed on the public holidays. View https://www.grlc.vic.gov.au/glhc for times.
We will post reminders to our Facebook and Twitter pages over the summer period. Any record orders made over the main December closure period will be processed the morning of the first opening in January.