PROV is currently reviewing our VERS Standards and Certification program so some of the information on this page may soon change. We will keep you up to date on the changes as they are developed.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
About the VERS Standard
The Victorian Electronic Records Strategy (VERS) Standard seeks to support agencies in managing and preserving complete, documented, and authentic digital records.
The VERS standard comes in two versions: Version 2 and Version 3 and outlines methodologies to convert digital records into long-term formats known as VERS Encapsulated Objects (VEOs). See VEO creation for further information.
Which version should I use?
- use VERS Version 2 if you already have your digital records in a system with a compliant Version 2 VEO creation module. See VERS compliant products for a list of current approved systems.
- use VERS Version 3 if you do not have the records in a system with a compliant Version 2 VEO creation module and need to create Version 3 VEOs manually using PROV’s neoVEO App. PROV will provide the application once agencies commence an approved digital transfer project. See Digital records transfer step-by-step for further information about the transfer process.
Why was Version 3 released early?
VERS Version 3 was developed and released in advance of the deployment of the new digital archive to allow users to:
- become familiar with the new version
- give the opportunity to test the new version
- support the development of PROV's new Digital Archive.