PROV is currently reviewing our VERS Standards and Certification program so some of the information on this page may soon change. We will keep you up to date on the changes as they are developed.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
VERS Version 2 Standard
The structure and technical requirements for creating Version 2 VERS Encapsulated Objects (VEOs) are formally specified in PROS 99/007 Management of Electronic Records Standard and its five specifications. See VEO creation for further information.
These six documents provide background information, explanatory material, and examples in support of the Standard and associated Specifications. None of the information in the Advices imposes any requirement on agencies.
- PROS 99/007 Advice 9 Introduction to VERS
- PROS 99/007 Advice 10 System Requirements for Preserving Electronic Records
- PROS 99/007 Advice 11 VERS Metadata Scheme
- PROS 99/007 Advice 12 VERS Standard Electronic Record Format
- PROS 99/007 Advice 13 VERS Long Term Preservation Formats
- PROS 99/007 Advice 14 Export of Electronic Records to PROV
When should I use this standard?
You should use this standard:
- if you already have your digital records in a system with a compliant Version 2 VEO creation module. See VERS compliant products for a list of current approved systems.