This specification is part of PROS 15/03 Standard for the Encapsulation of Digital Information. It describes how to construct a conformant VERS Encapsulated Object (VEO). The process can be summarised as:
- Create a directory to contain the VEO information.
- Create subdirectories within the VEO directory to contain the record content
- Copy the record content into the subdirectories.
- Create an XML file describing the logical organisation of the record content, and the metadata describing the record.
- Create an XML file describing the history of this VEO.
- Digitally sign both XML files.
- Copy a text file describing the structure of the VEO into VEO directory.
- Zip the VEO directory to create the VEO.