Public Record Office Victoria holds records relating to the administration of Aboriginal Affairs in Victoria. Its main holdings are records created by the office of the Chief Protector of Aborigines (VA 512) and its successor, the Guardian of Aborigines (VA 513), which administered Aboriginal Affairs in the early years of the colony.
We have produced a number of guides to records relating to Aboriginal people in the collection of Public Record Office Victoria, and are always working on new projects that improve access.
- walata tyamateetj a guide to government records about Aboriginal people in Victoria
- Koorie People and Places research pathway
- PROVguide 65 Koorie Heritage - Aboriginal Records at Public Record Office Victoria
- PROVguide 67 Koorie Heritage - Koorie Index of Names Project
- Finding Your Story is a manual for finding records of the Stolen Generations in Victoria
- Family History Kit - Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- Annual Reports of the Board for the Protection of Aborigines (1861-1925).