Public Record Office Victoria holds regular networking events, forums and communities of practice for records management professionals.
Records Management Network 2016
The first Records Management Network event for 2016 took place on Friday May 6 at 121 Exhibition Street. Copies of the presentations or powerpoint slides are available below.
Sally Curtain, Tim Brown and Sheena Frost from the City of Casey presented, ‘Recordkeeping by Stealth, our Journey to Digital’.
Linda Tolson from Monash Health presented, ‘Migration of Records from Legacy System – Managing the Change’.
Daniel Warren-Smith from Iron Mountain presented, ‘Digitisation Trends in the Private Sector’.
Download powerpoint (as PDF).
About the Records Management Network
Members of the Records Management Network are responsible for records management and archives in public bodies within Victoria. The objectives of the Network are to:
- provide a forum for the provision and dissemination of information and the exchange of views on issues affecting records management in public bodies
- enable members to contribute to the development of legislation and standards affecting records management in public bodies and to provide advice to members on compliance requirements arising from these changes
- disseminate advice to members on the development and use of information technology applications to enable good records management practices
- provide the opportunity for training and skill sharing of members
- support the Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) and the National Archives of Australia (NAA) in the promulgation and review of policies, standards and procedures governing records management in public bodies.