Public Record Office Victoria holds regular networking events, forums and communities of practice for records management professionals.
Records Management Network 2016
The first Records Management Network event for 2016 will take place on Friday May 6 at 121 Exhibition Street, featuring presentations from City of Casey, Monash Health, Iron Mountain, Transport Accident Commission and the Victorian Auditor-General’s Office.
Book in now to reserve your spot.
Records Management Network 2015
Our final Records Management Network event for 2015 was held at the Victorian Archives Centre. See the links below for copies of presentations and supporting material.
Our Records Management Network event held in May proved very popular and featured a range of engaging speakers. See the links below for copies of presentations and supporting material.
Understanding your information culture
Dr Gillian Oliver, Director Master of Information Studies Programme, Victoria University (New Zealand)
Reinventing a Records System
Tim O’Grady, Records Services Manager, CSIRO
Case Study: Delivering the Ward Records Plan
Kylie Auld, Manager & Chris Hofmann, Principal Project Manager Ward Records Plan, Records Management Unit, Department of Health and Human Services
The barriers to and the benefits of effectively managing information as a business asset
James Price, Managing Director, Experience Matters
Privacy and Data Protection in Victoria: What it means for Records Managers
Jacinta Thomson, Assistant Commissioner, Stakeholder Engagement, Office of the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection
The first RMN for 2015 was held on on Thursday 19 March at the Victorian Archives Centre.
Speakers Peter Francis and Andrew Waugh delivered the fascinating workshop style sessions ‘Transferring Relational Databases to PROV’ and ‘NeoVEO’. The event was well attended and we thank all participants for their questions and contributions.
About the Records Management Network
Members of the Records Management Network are responsible for records management and archives in public bodies within Victoria. The objectives of the Network are to:
- provide a forum for the provision and dissemination of information and the exchange of views on issues affecting records management in public bodies
- enable members to contribute to the development of legislation and standards affecting records management in public bodies and to provide advice to members on compliance requirements arising from these changes
- disseminate advice to members on the development and use of information technology applications to enable good records management practices
- provide the opportunity for training and skill sharing of members
- support the Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) and the National Archives of Australia (NAA) in the promulgation and review of policies, standards and procedures governing records management in public bodies.