Our work experience program gives students an insight into the daily operations of the state archive, and a glimpse of what working life is all about! Students work on a specific project and are given valuable hands-on experience in an archival environment while completing the requirements of their studies.
Applications must include the following information:
- Your full name, address and contact telephone numbers;
- The type of work experience you are seeking (please be specific: the more detail you provide, the easier it will be for us to find the right placement for you);
- Start and finish dates for the proposed work experience period;
- The name and contact information of your educational institution;
- A copy of your Work Experience Arrangements Form signed by yourself, your parents (if you are a secondary student) and preferably the principal of your educational institution.
Note: We cannot confirm work experience placements until the Work Experience Arrangements Form has been signed by all parties. We will acknowledge work experience placement requests and advise if a placement can be arranged.