Public Record Office Victoria provides work experience and placement opportunities for secondary school and further education students. Our work experience program gives students an insight into the daily operations of the state archive, and a glimpse of what working life is all about! Students work on a specific project and are given valuable hands-on experience in an archival environment while completing the requirements of their studies. Applications must include the following information:
- Your full name, address and contact telephone numbers;
- The type of work experience you are seeking (please be specific: the more detail you provide, the easier it will be for us to find the right placement for you);
- Start and finish dates for the proposed work experience period;
- The name and contact information of your educational institution;
- A copy of your Work Experience Arrangements Form signed by yourself, your parents (if you are a secondary student) and preferably the principal of your educational institution.
Note: We cannot confirm work experience placements until the Work Experience Arrangements Form has been signed by all parties. We will acknowledge work experience placement requests and advise if a placement can be arranged.
All requests for work experience must be submitted at least one month in advance to: Work Experience Coordinator People and Culture Unit Public Record Office Victoria PO Box 2100 NORTH MELBOURNE VIC 3051 firstname.lastname@example.org