To apply or for more information download the entry form:
Victorian Community History Awards Entry Form 2014
Entries close 5pm Friday 1 August 2014.
The Victorian Community History Awards has been celebrated annually since 1999 and are funded by the Victorian government. They recognise the contributions made by Victorians to the preservation of Victoria’s heritage and acknowledge works that contribute to the development and appreciation of the history of Victoria.
The Victorian Community History Awards are managed by Public Record Office Victoria in partnership with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria.
The Victorian Community History Awards recognise excellence in historical method. The range of award categories acknowledges that history can be told in a variety of formats with the aim of reaching and enriching all Victorians.
Awards are given for work across the following categories:
- Victorian Community History Award – $5000
- History Publication Award – $2000
- Local History – Small Publication Award – $1500
- Local History Project Award – $2000
- Young Historians Award (Years 3– 12) – $500
- Collaborative Community History Award – $2000
- Multimedia History Award – $2000
- Historical Interpretation Award – $2000