Entries for the 2015 Awards are now closed.
The Victorian Community History Awards program has been celebrated annually since 1999 and is funded by the Victorian Government. The Awards recognise the contributions made by Victorians to the preservation of Victoria’s heritage and acknowledge works that contribute to the development and appreciation of the history of Victoria.
The Victorian Community History Awards program is managed by Public Record Office Victoria in partnership with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria.
The Victorian Community History Awards recognise excellence in historical storytelling. The range of award categories reflects the variety of formats that can be used to reach and enrich the lives of Victorians through history.
Awards are given for work across the following categories:
- Victorian Community History Award – $5000
- Collaborative Community History Award – $2000
- Local History Project Award – $2000
- History Publication Award – $2000
- Local History Small Publication Award – $1500
- Multimedia History Award – $1500
- Historical Interpretation Award – $1500
- Centenary of ww1 Award – $1500
- History Article (Peer Reviewed) – $500
Make sure to read the terms and conditions on the entry form before submitting your project. Applications must have arrived at the Royal Historical Society of Victoria for judging by 2pm Friday 7 August 2015.