Author: Kate Follington
Submissions are now open for September 2017 VAC Gallery photography exhibition
The Victorian Archives Centre Lobby Gallery is seeking images from contemporary street photographers for a new exhibition "Catwalk to Sidewalk - Melbourne's Street Fashion".
The Victorian archival collection contains historic images of Melbourne styles dating back to the turn of last century (c1900 onwards). We are looking for photographs of fashion on Melbourne's streets in 2016/2017, which will be displayed alongside prints of Victorian historic images to coincide with Spring Fashion Week.
The theme hopes to capture Melbourne style in all its glory, including our no-rules attitude and long-time affection for the colour black. We welcome creative and thoughtful interpretations of the theme; See the Flickr sample album for inspiration from our collection.
- Complete the Submission Form (Fillable PDF form or as Word doc) and email it to email@example.com with your name and ‘VAC Gallery’ in the subject line. You must submit the URL links and the image descriptions in the document or you will not be considered. This form must be completed for your image to be considered.
- Up to 3 images can be submitted.
- The photo should pay homage to the theme (open to interpretation) and be street photography (not posed or studio).
- Submit only un-manipulated work that remains true to the original image. This honours the tradition of archival and street photography.
- The works must be published (at low res) online for selection and the URL link included in the submission form. (use Dropbox if you prefer a private URL)
- The original image must be 300 dpi and able to be printed at a size to fit A1 (8MB+).
- For submissions simply provide the URL links. You do not have to send us original images yet. We will ask for your high-resolution files if you are selected to exhibit.
- Submit by 5pm on Friday the 4th of August 2017
- The exhibited submissions will receive their printed copy back at A1 size.
- The VAC Gallery is in the lobby of the Victorian Archives Centre at 99 Shiel Street, North Melbourne. Open Monday-Friday and the first and last Saturday each month. The exhibition will be open early September 2017 to coincide with Spring Fashion Week.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org subject line ‘VAC Gallery’.
Image rights remain with the photographer, VAC Gallery asks permission for use of images for publicity purposes only. This is not a commercial gallery.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples should be aware the collection and website may contain images, voices and names of deceased persons.
Material in the Public Record Office Victoria archival collection contains words and descriptions that reflect attitudes and government policies at different times which may be insensitive and upsetting.
PROV provides advice to researchers wishing to access, publish or re-use records about Aboriginal Peoples.