What do I need to know?
The name or number of the school you wish to research.
How do I search?
The search below will search records by:
- school name, for example, Northcote
- school type, for example, primary
- school number, for example, 1401
About these records
These records of Victorian Government schools are the capital expenditure work files relating to the construction of school buildings and further extensions to state schools.
Who created these records?
Education Department 1873-1954 (VA 714)
Once you have found records of interest to you, order them online and then view them in our Reading Room.
What are in these records?
These files may include any of the following records:
- correspondence relating to the construction or extension of school buildings
- plans or maps of the school land or buildings
- approvals from the Public Works Department and the Minister
- requisition for works
- other correspondence and documentation relating to the construction of new school buildings.
Material in the Public Record Office Victoria archival collection contains words and descriptions that reflect attitudes and government policies at different times which may be insensitive and upsetting
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples should be aware the collection and website may contain images, voices and names of deceased persons.
PROV provides advice to researchers wishing to access, publish or re-use records about Aboriginal Peoples