RDA Expiry Date: N/A, current until revoked
This Retention and Disposal Authority (RDA) covers records created by Redress and Reparation Schemes funded by the State of Victoria. This includes:
- Restorative Engagement and Redress Scheme
- Stolen Generations Reparations Package
- Fiskville Redress Scheme
- Historical Forced Adoption Redress Scheme, including the Exceptional Circumstances Fund
- Victorian Historical Care Leavers Redress Scheme
- All other schemes established by the Victorian Government after the publication of this standard
Agencies participating in redress schemes administered by another jurisdiction, such as the National Redress Scheme, should refer to advice given by that jurisdiction. Also out of scope are records of redress provided by agencies that administer their own redress program as a matter of internal policy.
Functions in PROS 23/03:
- SCHEME ESTABLISHMENT AND GOVERNANCE
- APPLICATION AND ASSESSMENT MANAGEMENT
- SUPPORT SERVICES AND REDRESS MANAEMENT
Keywords: care leavers, forced adoption, redress, reparation, restorative engagement, stolen generations
This RDA does not apply to original records accessed by the Scheme during the application and assessment process, such as employment or medical records. Any records accessed by Schemes remain the responsibility of the agency that manages them.
Participants should contact the specific Scheme for information about access.