Author: Kate Follington
Is content missing from a PDF selected from our recordkeeping library in Chrome?
If text is missing from a PDF you are viewing from our recordkeeping document library (Standards, Policies and RDAs) and you are using Chrome as the browser try:
- Switching your browser to Safari or Firefox.
- Disable Chrome’s automatic PDF viewer and view with your own PDF viewer (e.g. Acrobat viewer).
How to disable Chrome's inbuilt PDF viewer
Click on the 3 small dots on the top right hand side of the Chrome search bar and select 'Settings'
2. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’ and click on it
3. Select 'Content Settings'
4. Select 'PDF documents'
5. Click the slider to the right of ‘Download PDF….etc’ so that it’s blue and enabled
This will disable the inbuilt PDF viewer in Chrome, and documents will download and open with your own inbuilt PDF viewer in your PC.
Material in the Public Record Office Victoria archival collection contains words and descriptions that reflect attitudes and government policies at different times which may be insensitive and upsetting
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples should be aware the collection and website may contain images, voices and names of deceased persons.
PROV provides advice to researchers wishing to access, publish or re-use records about Aboriginal Peoples