We are redesigning our catalogue. To take a sneak peek click on the slider to the right, search and order your records and send us some feedback. You can also order records as normal via this site below. You may need to perform a search again if switching between old and Beta versions of the site.
What do I need to know?
The files contained in this series of records are those of non-government schools and mostly of schools that have closed. Some inactive files of operating schools are also within these records.
How do I search?
Either enter a full or partial school name into the school name OR a school number into the search field below. Search results will include a list of non- government schools.
About these records
The contents of the files include:
- an application for registration
- correspondence to and from the Registered Schools Board
- inspectors reports, other correspondence
- notifications of extensions or alterations to schools
- schedules of school fees, extracts of minutes of meetings of the Registered Schools Board
- maps and plans
- applications to open schools
- building survey reports
- trust deeds for the purposes of holding fees payable by overseas students
- and a myriad other documents concerning the administrative functioning of these schools.
Some file covers contain lists of relevant dates in the schools history, eg. date registered, any change in grade levels taught at the school, Registered Schools Board endorsements and extensions of endorsements.
Who created these records?
Teachers and Schools Registration Board VA 2309
Council of Public Education VA 2310
Registered Schools Board VA 1225
Knowing a school name and number will assist you in locating records held at PROV that are related to that school. Click here to identify which record series will be of interest to your search.
What are in these records?
Searching this index will show you the following things about a Government school:
- school number
- school name
- type of school
- region name
- inspectorate name
- local government name.