Author: Tara Oldfield
Senior Communications Advisor
The SECV Latrobe Valley Photographic Collection began in the 1920s with photographs taken of the progress of construction of the Yallourn Township, Power Station and Briquette Factory. It continued on a part-time basis until after World War II and eventually a full-time photographer was appointed to the Yallourn Drawing Office.
We now have new photos from Yallourn Power Station, Briquette Factory and other nearby sites (1916-1967) available to order and view at the Victorian Archives Centre North Melbourne.
Here’s a sample from one of the albums in VPRS 17092 P13 Unit 8:
Other new transfers to our collection include Research papers of J A Vines, Author of A History of the Loy Yang Mine – Its Origins and Development to May 1997.